Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Banana Blueberry Muffins


These are my mother’s muffins. They were her staple breakfast muffin and I knew it would be a good day when I woke up to the smell of them baking. These are one of the most nourishing comfort foods for me.
I am my mothers daughter, and these are my go-to muffins for the morning after a disaster, or when someone needs some extra love. Always, the taste of memory adds an extra sweetness, but even without the history, these muffins are delicious.

Banana Blueberry Muffins

1 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter
¼ cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

2 cups flour
¾ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

1 cup blueberries (or replace with chocolate chips)
3 large bananas (2 cups)

Preheat oven to 350
Combine sugar, butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Add bananas and blueberries. Bake for 20-25 min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment